Addressing Golf Cart Hazards at On Top of the World, Pinellas
Also known simply as “OTOW,” On Top of the World in Pinellas is a retirement community that is generating lots of buzz around the entire nation. The area is famous for its beautiful beaches and pristine golf courses, and On Top of the World has a name that many would argue is well-earned. One of the most defining characteristics of OTOW is its friendly approach to golf carts. Visit this location, and you’ll find plenty of people driving golf carts around the area. While golf carts can be convenient, they also present numerous hazards – and this is something OTOW will need to address in the future.
OTOW Still Reeling from Memory of Fatal Golf Cart Accident
In September of 2023, the victim entered an intersection within the boundaries On Top of the World and was struck by a pickup truck. After an impact on the right side of her vehicle, the woman was ejected from the cart. At this point, she was struck while lying on the ground by a trailer dragged by the pickup truck. Police say that the victim ran a stop sign before entering the intersection – implying that she was at fault.
Current Golf Cart Rules in OTOW
OTOW does have various regulations and rules for golf cart drivers:
- Drivers must obtain permits from the Customer Service Department in Friendship Commons before operating golf carts in the Community.
- Golf carts may only be operated from sunset to sunrise only if equipped with headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and a windshield.
- If they lack the above features, golf carts may only be operated during daylight hours.
- All golf carts must be in good condition.
- Carts must stay on designated paths and roadways if they are available.
- Carts may not be driven on sidewalks.
- Carts can only cross 80th Street at county-approved crossings.
- Residents must have liability insurance when operating golf carts.
Find a Golf Cart Accident Attorney near On Top of the World, Pinellas
If you have been searching for an attorney who can help you seek compensation for your golf cart accident, contact a Florida golf car accident lawyer at www.GolfCartAttorney.com, (the Law Offices of Frank D. Butler). We have been helping victims of these accidents for many years, and we are well aware of the unique hazards faced by residents of communities like OTOW. Working with an attorney who has specific experience with golf cart accidents provides obvious advantages. Book your consultation today to get started.